Saturday, April 25, 2009

Arlington in April

So my show (Arlington in April) was today. I got there around 7:30 a.m. to set-up my booth. Brent came and helped me set-up while my mom stayed at home with the girls. Set-up went quickly. My booth was in a great location near the front where people enter--the same spot I've had the past 3 years. This year 2 of my friends that make frames were right next to me which was great!! So after I finished my booth I decided to walk around to check-out the other booths. I was shocked--there were at least 5 other bow booths that I saw!! I've always been the only one so that was very frustrating!! Ugggh! The festival started at 10:00 a.m. and the weather was gorgeous at around 80 degrees. But the wind was fierce! My tent almost blew away several times and my bow boards as well. It was crazy--I had everything zip-tied to weights, etc. and the wind broke them! Thankfully a friend of mine showed up as I was crying in frustration (I had worked soooo very hard the past few weeks staying up until all hours making these bows). Anyway, her husband helped secure my tent and boards. I was so thankful they showed up when they did! Then Brent, my girls, and my mom showed up after lunch. They stayed awhile and shopped, ate, etc. At times, the wind was so bad that I was physically holding my tent down! The festival ended at 4:00 p.m. I ended up doing fairly well but not anywhere near how I did last year. Last year I went home with only 1 board left with bows (I have 4)--not so much this year. It was somewhat disappointing. But at least I have a bunch of bows stocked--cuts down on my work now. Anyway, I was tired and sunburnt. We went out to eat with my parents and came home and watched Bedtime Stories--such a cute movie!! Then I fell asleep on the couch! Here are some pics of my new bows:
lion
Mississippi State
University of Memphis
Ole Miss
University of Tennessee
University of Alabama (roll tide!)
Auburn University
University of Arkansas
my booth
mesome of the 4 inch bows
team bows & clippies some of the 3 and 2 inch bows
samples of my clippies
my friends Buffy & Paula (they had the booth next to me)
Their business is called Adorned and they sell handmade frames.
Check out their blog: http://adornedgifts.blogspot.com/

No comments: