Friday, October 17, 2008

Our Week While Brent Is In India

Brent is in India on business this week so we headed to Jackson, TN to spend a few days with my parents. I had a TON of bows to make so my parents offered to help out so I could complete my orders. We got to Jackson around dinnertime on Monday night and stayed through Wednesday morning.


Ally making brownies with Nana
Claire wanting Pop Pop's Cheerios
My mom headed back with us on Wednesday so she could be with me as I took the girls to their yearly checkups (see previous post). My dad joined us that night. My parents will stay until Brent gets back on Saturday. Today we decided to take the girls to the Memphis Zoo. This was the first time my parents had been to the zoo since I was a kid. We got there about 10:45 a.m. and met up with my friend Kris and her daughter Faith. It was the perfect day to go. The weather was beautiful!
The zoo was decorated for Zoo Boo--so cute!

I just had to take this picture! Look at the monkeys hanging out in this kiddie pool! Too funny!
Ally was in a posing mood today!

Faith & Claire

Ally & Pop Pop checking out the monkeys

Faith & Kris

Ally & Faith (so sweet--they look deep in conversation)

sweet Claire

The "I'm about to yank my bow out" look

The Fam

These kids had a red apple and the sea lion was following it wherever they put it!Ally & me

This is the brand new baby giraffe and it's mommy!

me and my girls

They had all of the animal statues outside of the zoo dressed up in different Halloween costumes. We had to get a picture of this one for Daddy!!

2 comments:

erin said...

Your girls are just too cute!! I love the Memphis zoo; it has improved a LOT.

kris said...

aw love the zoo pics! funny to see myself in one, i'm never in pictures these days ;)