Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Silly Six

I have been tagged by Lauren.

The rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules.
3. Tell six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six bloggers by linking.
5. Leave a comment for each blogger.

OK, here goes:

1. I am very OCD about the money in my wallet. The bills must all be facing the same direction and they must be right side up (not upside down). They must also be in order from the smallest sized bill to the largest sized bill. If a bill is worn or dirty I get rid of it first, saving the clean/crisp bills for later. Weird--I know!

2. I'm not sure if this is a quirk or more of a pet peeve--I can't stand people using incorrect English or misspelling words. IT DRIVES ME NUTS! My biggest issue is when people use "I" and "me" incorrectly. So here's a quick grammar lesson: "I" is a pronoun that must be the subject of a verb. "Me" is a pronoun that must be the object of the verb. The easiest way to decipher the two is to remove the other noun from the sentence and see if it still makes sense. Got it? I've always been pretty good at English (thanks to my mom correcting me all the time when I was younger) and I've always been a good speller. I'm a very visual learner so I visualize words in my head and once I see them, they're there for good.

3. I'm addicted to Facebook (I borrowed this one from you, Lauren). My mom, dad, and brother encouraged me to join a few months ago and I'm glad I did! I cannot believe how many people I've reconnected with from my past--it's incredible! I specifically enjoy collecting Flair (I need a bigger Flair board), reading status updates, chatting with friends, organizing my friends by how I know them (OCD coming out again), and using the Friend Finder. It's a great way to keep up with everyone--distant and local.

4. I love to dress my girls in matching outfits--that's why I LOVE Gymboree and Baby GAP. Not only can they match each other but their outfits can match all over--from the shirt to the pants/skirt to the socks to the hairbows to the shoes (and sometimes a bracelet, sunglasses, etc.). It contributes to my sense of order I guess. Oh and my girls look cute at the same time!

5. My ice cream sandwiches (Skinny Cow--YUM!) have to soften before I eat them. I have to set it out for about 10 minutes before I eat it so the ice cream can soften. I can't stand for the ice cream to be hard when I bite into the sandwich. Uggh! It's the same thing with brownies--they must be ooey gooey (not quite done) for me to be able to enjoy them. Ok--now I'm hungry!

6. I am a night owl. I stay up REALLY late getting things done--updating my blog, filling bow orders, cleaning house, etc. It's the only time I have to myself to accomplish what I need to accomplish--so I stay up until things are done. Thankfully my girls sleep in until about 8:30 so I still get in a good amount of sleep.

I tag Jill, Jeanna, Amanda, Jennifer, Lindsay, Leah .

2 comments:

GodseySix said...

This will be my bloggy homework for tonight...thanks for the tag!

Oh, and I think ice cream sandwiches taste much better, too, when they are half melted! :)

jennifer said...

ok. i'm working on it now!